Release Notes and Announcements. Subscribe to this thread! Sept 30, 2018 5:54:41 GMT
Post by DarkTonic Dev on Sept 30, 2018 5:54:41 GMT
V 1.2.4 changelog:
- Fixed bug: music was ducking if SFX silent (muted, 0 volume etc).
- Fixed bug: DGSC Sound Group with same name but different casing would cause error.
- Fixed bug: Sometimes on Scene load, a persistent MA game object would log an error with Ambient Sounds script.
- Fixed Inspector bug in Unity 2018.3.
- Fixed bug: Ambient Sound - created scripts were not updating at Fixed Update when that was selected in Advanced Settings.
- Breaking change: SongChanged event for PlaylistController now passes an additional parameter, which is the MusicSetting object. You will need to add it to your method signature if you are subscribing to that event. This new parameter lets you grab song metadata and other values from it.
- Changed minimum Sound retrigger time interval to 0.05 seconds.
- Added song metadata section for Playlists. Each Playlist can now have its own metadata properties you define. Each property has a name, data type, "is required", and "can have multiple per song" fields. Each song then lets you put values on each metadata property you use.
Sample code to select songs based on metadata (simplest to use LINQ):
var playlist = PlaylistController.Instances.CurrentPlaylist;
var favoriteSongs = playlist.MusicSettings.Select(f => f.metadataBoolValues.Any(x => x.PropertyName == "IsFavorite" && x.Value == true));
var songsByBrianOrChris = playlist.MusicSettings.Select(f => f.metadataStringValues.Any(x => x.PropertyName == "Author" && (x.Value == "Brian" || x.Value == "Chris")));
// MusicSettings also contains metadataIntValues and metadataFloatValues
- Added "specific variation" textbox to Ambient Sounds so you don't have to play a random one, although you still can.
- Added mesh sphere gizmo for Ambient Sounds so you can see the audible distance of the Sound Group, and know how close you need to be in Scene view.
- Added ability to configure Ambient Sound to fade the sound when it's out of range instead of stop abruptly. Useful for 2D sounds only really since you probably wouldn't hear it at the end of its max distance.
- Added ability to adjust the Max Distance of the Ambient Sound script while seeing the sphere gizmo to represent its size.
- Fixed bug in vp_Effect (UFPS integration package).
- Bulk changes for Variations now work differently. No bunch of copy buttons. You just select the Variations you want, change a field and it affects all checked Variations the same.
- Bulk changes for Songs in a single Playlist now added. You just select the Songs you want, change a field and it affects all checked Songs the same.
- Removed "Show Variation Gizmos" in Advanced Options. No more 'M' Gizmos. Removed "Show Gizmo" in Event Sounds as well.
- Added more Visual Settings options in Advanced Options. Show All Range Gizmos, Show Select Range Gizmos, and a color field for each. These control whether you see mesh sphere gizmos for Event Sounds and Ambient Sound showing the max distance of the selected audio.
- Added "Show Range Gizmo" checkbox in Event Sounds for Play Sound action, and Max Distance slider.