So this is a weird problem, but I recently updated to Unity 2022 and when I updated I had this problem for the first time.
PoolBoss Manager lost several references to prefabs and I had to manually re-add them one by one. I use Playmaker and some of the spawn actions lost those prefabs too. Afterwards all was good and working.
Now several days after, I built for the 20x time for iOS and for some reason it broke again. PoolBoss actually now not even showing up really in the inspector:
Now not only the prefabs are gone (missing transform) but even the poolboss entries are all gone and the component is non-functional.
What is this about and why is it happening?
I'm using the latest PoolBoss version from the package manager.
Haven't heard about this issue. Luckily it's easily fixed by re-dragging in the prefabs. If it's a side effect of prefab changes in Unity versions, I don't believe there's any way we could fix it though. I would suggest rolling back to the last working version using your source control if it happens again. Or re-importing the whole project.
Re-adding the prefab actually doesn't work either. It still is broken.
What I did now is I completely deleted Pool Boss, re-added it from package manager, made a new prefab out of the original one and re-added all my prefabs to this new pool. Now it's working again. I just hope it doesn't break again...?
What exactly are you doing when you export? List the steps.
I think the problem is Playmaker. Not 100% sure yet. But when I export it seems Playmaker changes the ID for some reason that then corrupts pool boss. Or maybe it's Unity 2022 clashing with Playmaker.
I don't do anything special. Just simply hit the 'build' button on the Build Settings window and let it run. Everything exports as normal and seemingly no errors happen. But when I then go into playmode the errors pop up due to the prefab ID change and the pool boss editor becomes entirely unresponsive.
This is how the prefab looks like when changed (from Github Desktop):
So I went through the last 3 playmaker versions until I got back to the one I was coming from. Unfortunately it still happens even with that version. The other thing I updated was Unity (from 2021 to 2022) so I reverted back as well to 2021 and yes, issues are gone. It's either a Unity 2022 problem or Playmaker clashing with Unity 2022 for some reason. I believe the latter, otherwise many more people would experience the problem without playmaker too. I still might need more testing to be 100% sure, but I already exported several times on both, android and iOS and the problem didn't appear anymore. I also changed several Playmaker FSMs on those prefabs previously affected and the problem didn't happen either. So looking really good. Waiting for an official reply in the Playmaker forum for the moment.
Other Playmaker users confirmed to have the same problem with other pooling assets. It seems indeed that it's Playmaker changing the prefab IDs for some reason in Unity 2022. Will report back once we have a Playmaker update that is working.
For now the solution is to not update to Unity 2022 and use Unity 2021 LTS instead.